Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Week 12 Blog Post 2:

I researched personal training groups on Linked In and didn't really find much. The few group were businesses or individuals that would teach continuing education units to maintain your certification for being a personal trainer. The other ones weren't really groups but businesses that help personal trainers gain more clients by teaching them specific methods. Facebook seemed to the more useful personal training social media group. I found a few local personal trainer groups and joined them to see what kind of upcoming posts they will have. Analyzing their previous post made me realize that this social media group can actually help me understand what clients want and how they view their personal trainers. It seems as if they do meetups every month and I might actually join in one day!

The second option I researched was Yelp. Although I couldn't really find any really popular personal trainers in San Diego, I researched bigger cities such as LA, NY, and San Francisco. I found multiple personal trainers with hundreds of reviews. I think Yelp definitely has an impact as it would be the first thing to pop up when you google your name or fitness name. This would allow prospective clients to validate hiring you as their personal trainer based on the reviews. I feel like Yelp can be detrimental to the success of a personal trainer if he/she doesn't have that many reviews because one bad review can mess everything up. Therefore I will definitely be creating a Yelp but after I have built a strong relationship with at least 20 of my clients. I think Yelp is more important to some businesses however specifically in the fitness world it's not that important because most personal trainers do not use Yelp. I think most don't use Yelp because of the same reason I said, it's key to have a strong client base otherwise having one unhappy client that can post everything you did wrong can make your Yelp business page useless.

No comments:

Post a Comment